... a weekly letter of encouragement.
February 22, 1993
Accountability - A popular buzz word today, but what does it mean?
James 5:16 tells us to "Confess your sins one to another and pray for one another, so you may be healed."
- Mutual confession
- Mutual prayer
- Mutual healing
Accountably means surrounding ourselves with like minded friends with whom we chose to be transparent; folks who will help to keep us from embarrassing Jesus Christ.
Steve Farrar in his Book, "Point Man" suggests seven questions we need to ask one another relative to accountability:
- "Have you been with a woman this week in such a way that was inappropriate or could have looked to others that you were using poor judgment?
- Have you been completely above reproach in all your financial dealings this week?
- Have you exposed yourself to any explicit material this week?
- Have you spent daily time in prayer and in the Scriptures this week?
- Have you fulfilled the mandate of your calling this week?
- Have you taken time off to be with your family this week?
- Have you just lied to me?"
Have a great week!
© Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page