... a weekly letter of encouragement.
October 11, 1993
If you are like me, I am always looking for good books to read that are life changing. Each year, Christianity Today comes out with a list of books polled from their readership. The question they asked: "What book (other than the Bible) has had the most significant impact on your Christian life?" Following are the readers' choices:
1. MERE CHRISTIANITY, by C. S. Lewis
2. KNOWING GOD, by J. I. Packer
3. CELEBRATION OF DISCIPLINE, by Richard Foster
4. MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST, by Oswald Chambers
5. PILGRIM'S PROGRESS, by John Bunyan
6. INSTITUTES OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION, by John Calvin
7. DISAPPOINTMENT WITH GOD, by Philip Yancey
7. THE GOD WHO IS THERE, by Francis Schaeffer
7. GRACE AWAKENING, by Charles Swindoll
7. LOVING GOD, by Charles Colson
7. THE PURSUIT OF GOD, by A. W. Tozer
7. THIS PRESENT DARKNESS, by Frank Peretti
CT then asked their readers: "What is your favorite novel of all time?" Answers: "Pilgrim's Progress, by Paul Bunyan; "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy", by J. R. R. Tolkien; "The Brothers Karamazov", by Feodor Dostoyevsky; "This Present Darkness", by Frank Peretti; "In His Steps", by Charles Sheldon; "The Chronicles of Narnia: by C. S. Lewis; "Crime and Punishment", by Feodor Dostoyevsky; "Ben Hur", by Lew Wallace; "Perelandra", by C. S. Lewis; "Piercing the Darkness", by Frank Peretti; "Prophet", by Frank Peretti; "Till We Have Faces", by C. S. Lewis.
As someone has so well stated, "A good mind is a terrible thing to waste." So let's grow our minds along with our hearts!
Have a great week!
© Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page