... a weekly letter of encouragement.
April 3, 1995
"TO BE HUMAN IS TO BE WOUNDED"+
- By parents
- By the guys on the team who picked you last
- By ungrateful children
- By the cutting remarks of your spouse
- By colleagues who are clawing their way up the ladder
The Lord Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me:
...To bind up the brokenhearted
...To grant - Consolation and joy to those who mourn...
- An ornament of beauty instead of ashes,
- The oil of joy instead of mourning,
- The garment of praise... instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit..." (Isaiah 61:1-3 - NAS; Amp.O.T.)
"TO BE HUMAN IS TO BE WOUNDED"...That is true -- But,
Whatever your wound...
Whatever your disappointment...
Whatever your fear...
The Great Physician, who Himself was deeply wounded, now waits to bring you healing...
IF YOU WILL LET HIM.
Have a great week!
+Rebecca Pippert, "Hope Has Its Reasons"
© Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page