... a weekly letter of encouragement.
December 13, 1995
WANT TO RUN A BIBLICALLY BASED BUSINESS WITH CHRISTIAN VALUES?
Here's "Jack's Service Company's" statement of values+:
1. "Trustworthy With Integrity - We will be reliable, dependable, and can be counted on to keep promises. We will do what we say we will do within the promised time frame. (I Samuel 2:3)++
2. Worth of the Individual - We will practice the 'Golden Rule' in decision-making. We will respect human life, dignity and rights of each including health, safety and work environment. We are in business for 'people' (employees, customers, vendors), not for our own wealth, power, prestige or ego. (Luke 15: 1 - 7; Matthew 7:12)
3. Family & Stability in Relationships - The family is the foundation unit of every society. We will respect women as wives, men as husbands, and singles. The family has a higher priority than the firm and its profitability; therefore, we will seek to build it up, not tear it down. (Galatians 6:1 - 9)
4. Honest & Truthful Communication - We will strive to be genuine, open and above board in all relationships. We will honestly and accurately report the facts. (Colossians 3:8, 9)
5. Responsibility of the Individual As Part of the Team - Each of us will accept individual accountability for how we carry out our responsibilities. We will aim to motivate each other by praise rather than criticism to create an atmosphere of productivity and freedom to admit individual mistakes in order to accomplish team goals. (Ephesians 4:28 - 32)
6. Balance of Work/Rest - Vacations and breaks will be encouraged so that proper rest, recreation, and reflection will maximize long-term productivity and effectiveness. We believe in working hard, but not necessarily in working unproductive long hours just for the sake of appearance. (Mark 6:31; I Thessalonians 4:11, 12)
7. Rewarding Productivity - We will seek to reward industriousness, innovation, initiative, prudence, and discipline. Our focus is to develop our full potential, the result of which is reaping rewards of our labor. (Ecclesiastes 5:18, 19; 1 Timothy 5:18, 19)
8. Everyone is Accountable to Authority - Any enterprise must have structure and organization. Every person is accountable to a higher authority. ( I Peter 2:13 - 18)
9. Servant Leaders - Effective leaders will be servants who have attracted a following because of their passion, vision, integrity, and love for people. We will make every effort to develop this kind of leader. (Mark 10: 43 - 45)
10. Stewardship - We will strive to use wisely and prudently the resources with which we have been entrusted." (I Corinthians 4:2)
My prayer is that you are having a great week!
+Jack's Service Company, Oklahoma City, OK.++Scripture references are my addition.
© Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page