... a weekly letter of encouragement.
Singapore May 15, 1996
ON FINISHING THE RACE WELL:
Why is it so few people end the Christian life well? Here are a few observations I have made over the years:
1. A FAILURE TO COMPREHEND AND REST IN THE GRACE OF GOD. (Psalms 103:10-14; II Timothy 2:1; Hebrews 4:9-11)
2. A FAILURE TO LIVE A LIFE OF DISCIPLINED PRIORITIES. (I Corinthians 9:24-27; I Timothy 4:7; II Peter 1:5-8)
3. A FAILURE IN OUR EARLIER YEARS TO DEAL WITH SINS AND OTHER DEBILITATING ISSUES.
(I Timothy 5:24; Galatians 6:7, 8)
4. A FAILURE TO HANDLE FINANCES IN A BIBLICAL MANNER. (Deuteronomy 8:17,18; I Timothy 6:6-10; Luke 6:10-13; Romans 13:8; Proverbs 6:1-5)
5. A FAILURE TO DEAL BIBLICALLY WITH THE SEXUAL AREA OF LIFE. (Matthew 5:27-30; I Thessalonians 4:3-7)
- 6. A FAILURE TO GRASP GOD'S SOVEREIGNTY AND GRACE IN RESPONDING BIBLICALLY TO BITTERNESS, DISAPPOINTMENT AND DISILLUSIONMENT. (Isaiah 14:24; Romans 8:28-30; Hebrews 12:14, 15)
- 7. A FAILURE TO LIVE A LIFE OF SACRIFICE RATHER THAN A LIFE OF EASE. (Luke 9:23, 24; II Corinthians 5:15)
- 8. A FAILURE TO LIVE A LIFE OF TRANSPARENCY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND FELLOWSHIP. (James 5:16, Proverbs 27:17; I John 1:7; Hebrews 10:24, 25)
I trust you are having a great week!
© Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page