... a weekly letter of encouragement.
11 December , 1996 - Singapore
HERE ARE FIVE HELPFUL PRINCIPLES IN WINNING YOUR LOST FRIENDS:
#1 Strategically plan to bring lost people into the Kingdom:
Any effective business person today thinks and plans strategically in winning contracts, building a strong customer base, and in marketing products. Should we think any less strategically in winning our lost acquaintances and friends to Christ?
So: Pray. PLAN. ACT!
#2 Contextualize your lifestyle:
In attempting to win the lost ask yourself:
- "Am I choosing to get into their world in order to establish common ground?
- "Am I being perceived by them as friendly, warm and genuinely accepting?
- "Is my lifestyle congruent with the message I proclaim?" (Or do I tend to co- mingle the horns, the halo and the pitch fork?)
#3 Recognize the importance of effective prayer:
- Do I understand that it is through intercessory prayer that one binds Satan and advances into his territory ?
"No one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house." (Mark 3:27)
#4 Position yourself to reach the lost:
Ask yourself if your life is positioned in such a way that you have:
- "Time for the lost?
- "Energy for the lost?
- "A heart for the lost?"
Or are you so busy and distracted by other pursuits that you miss the opportunities that are daily staring you in the face?
#5 Look at life through the eyes of the lost and ask yourself:
- "Do I see their bondage to sin...and respond with compassion?
- "Do I recognize their despair and offer them hope?"
My prayer is that you are having a great week!
1 Coleman Street #02-34 The Adelphi - Singapore 0617 .
Phone: 337 6498; Fax: 336 9913
© Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page