... a weekly letter of encouragement.
16 April, 1997 - Singapore
TEN RESOLVES FOR THOSE TRAFFICKING IN THE MARKETPLACE:+
- To try to learn to be thoroughly poor in spirit, meek, and to be ready to be silent when others speak. (Matthew 5:3,5; James 1:19)
- To learn from everyone. (Job 8:8; Proverbs 24:32)
- To try to despise the prevailing principle of "blowing your own horn"; and to feel it a degradation to speak of my own doings, as a poor braggart. (Proverbs 27:2; I Corinthians 4:7)
- To speak less of self. (Proverbs 20:6)
- To try to overcome the mentality of building one's own "kingdom". (Jeremiah 45:5; Romans 12:16)
- To preserve as sacrosanct all secrets committed to me, especially any confidential communication of spiritual complexities. (Proverbs 11:3)
- To take a deep interest in the difficulties of others. (Philippians 2:3, 4; I Corinthians 10:24)
- To perform vigorously the examination of conscience. (Acts 24:16; Galatians 6:4)
- To contend one-by-one against evil thoughts of the mind. (II Corinthians 7:1; 10:5)
- To watch over a tendency toward the uncharitable judgment of others. (Matthew 7:1-5; Romans 2:1)
My prayer is that you are having a great week!
+ Adapted from "The Soul of Fredrick W. Robertson, the Brighton Preacher" - by James R. Blackwood
- 1 Coleman Street #02-34 The Adelphi - Singapore 0617 .
- Phone: 337 6498; Fax: 336 9913
(c) Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page