... a weekly letter of encouragement.
2 July, 1997 - Singapore
You will never be sorry -
- For thinking before acting, "Be very careful, then, how you live...making the most of every opportunity...do not be foolish..."(Eph.5:15-17)
- For hearing before judging, "He who answers before listening--that is his folly and his shame." (Proverbs 18:13)
- For forgiving your enemies, "...If you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive... your Father will not forgive your sins." (Mt. 6:14,15)
- For being candid and frank, "Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; any- thing beyond this comes from the evil one." (Mt.5:36,37)
- For helping a fallen brother "Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. Carry each other's burdens..." (Galatians 6:1, 2a)
- For being honest in business, "The LORD abhors dishonest scales, but accurate weights are his delight." (Proverbs 11:1)
- For thinking before speaking... "...Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." (James 1:19)
- For standing by your principles, "LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary?...He...who keeps his oath even when it hurts..." (Psalm 15:1,4b)
- For stopping your ears to gossip, "A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much." (Proverbs 20:19)
- For bridling a slanderous tongue... "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice." (Eph.4:31)
- For sympathizing with the afflicted, "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." (Romans 12:15)
- For being courteous and kind to all. "...Live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble." (I Peter 3:8)
-Anonymous (The Scriptures are my addition)
My prayer is that you are having a great week.
- 1 Coleman Street #02-34 The Adelphi - Singapore 0617 .
- Phone: 337 6498; Fax: 336 9913
(c) Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page