... a weekly letter of encouragement.
3 September, 1997 - Singapore
ON LEADING A "BLAMELESS" LIFE:
- "But Dwight, there is no way you can stay in business without shading the truth."
- The sign on the condominium announces, "75% Sold". I happen to know that the figure is 40%. The owners are highly visible Christian businessmen in the community.
The Scriptures correctly indict the human race in observing, "All men are liars." (Psalm 116:11)
So, what is the standard for believers who domicile, socialize and make their living in a world of liars? ANAWER: To be "BLAMELESS":
"The righteous man leads a blameless life..." (Proverbs 20:7)
In this context "blameless" is defined as:
(1) INTEGRITY: That is, there is congruency between what you verbalize and what you practice: WYSIWYG: What You See Is What You Get. No one can point the finger at you and legitimately cry, "Hypocrite"!
(2) SIMPLICITY: "My heart is not haughty, O LORD, nor my eyes lofty; Neither do I concern myself with great matters nor with things too profound for me." (Psalm 131:1)
Over the years I have observed that maturing Christians are continually taking steps to simplify their lives rather than allowing them to become increasingly complex.
As Gandhi once said, "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
(3) INNOCENCE: Jesus talked about the virtues of childlikeness: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3)
Are not simplicity and innocence trademarks of children? The more complex our lives become, the more we are inclined to loose our innocence.
QUESTION: How would your lost associates describe your life?
As phony? Inconsistent? Fake? Or as Authentic? Real? Genuine?
How you answer that question defines whether or not you are in fact a righteous person as evidenced by your blameless life.
My prayer is that you are having a great week.
- 1 Coleman Street #02-34 The Adelphi - Singapore 0617 .
- Phone: 337 6498; Fax: 336 9913
(c) Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page