... a weekly letter of encouragement.
17 September, 1997 -Singapore
DAILY, YOU ARE FACED WITH ISSUES THAT ARE IN TENSION WITH EACH OTHER. For example:
- Caring for people and yet seeking a profit.+
- Living a life of humility and yet maintaining the drive necessary to achieve success.
- Refraining from abusing your authority while maintaining justice.
- Balancing family priorities and business responsibilities.
- Handling personal possessions appropriately amidst a needy society.
- Living as a citizen of God's kingdom in an unethical environment.
- Balancing personal drives with corporate demands.
Judicious answers to these perplexing conflicts do not come easily. However in our quest for solutions, we can ask God for His wisdom:
"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
The chart below may prove helpful in determining whether you are applying Divine or human wisdom. The "evidence" is derived from James 3:13-18:
EVIDENCE OF GOD'S WISDOM EVIDENCE OF MAN'S WISDOM Humility Bitter envy: fury, indignation, jealousy Purity Selfishness: contentious rivalry Peace Boastin Sweetly reasonable Denying the truth Satisfied with less than is due Worldly minded: bestial nature Full of mercy and good fruits Earth-bound: sensual, demonic Impartial Restlessness: confusion, disharmony, rebellion Free from insecurity Instability Providing an atmosphere of peace
where righteousness can be sown
Every base deed: evil and vile practices
May God grant you His wisdom as you seek resolution to these difficult issues.
+Proffered by and adapted from the 1/14-17, 1996 Business & Professional Navigator Staff Men's Conference
- 1 Coleman Street #02-34 The Adelphi - Singapore 0617 .
- Phone: 337 6498; Fax: 336 9913
(c) Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page