... a weekly letter of encouragement.
January 14, 1998 - Singapore
HERE ARE 8 REASONS WHY WE STRUGGLE TO MAINTAIN OUR ETHICAL EDGE:+
1. A belief that, to meet a specific deadline or a performance goal, some corners must be cut;
2. A lack of resources (human or otherwise) or time needed to accomplish a particular task, thereby necessitating some drastic or improper action;
3. Peer pressure;
4. Pressures from higher up the chain of command to produce and to get the job done no mater what;
5. A belief that the decision or act is not really illegal or unethical;
6. A belief that the decision or act is in the individual's or the organization's best interest and thus would be condoned by others;
7. A belief that the decision or act will never be discovered; and
8. Fear of authority.
KEEP IN MIND THAT GOD, IN HIS SOVEREIGNTY HAS PLACED YOU IN YOUR SITUATION TO DEMONSTRATE HIS CHARACTER TO PEOPLE IN DESPERATE NEED OF A MODEL. Job's intense announcement of his determination to maintain his integrity should serve as an encouragement:
"As long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils, my lips will not speak wickedness, and my tongue will utter no deceit...till I die I will not deny my integrity. I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it." (Job 27:3-6)
My prayer is that you are having a great week!
1 Coleman Street #02-34, The Adelphi - Singapore 0617
Phone: 337 6498; Fax: 336 9913
© Copyright 1996 Dwight Hill. Unlimited permission to copy or
use is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.
Other topics in 1998
Topics in other years
About Dwight Hill
| Back to Antioch's Well|
Back to Antioch's Home Page