To: en & more
From: Su Min
Subject: Psalm 2
My dearest family & friends Grace and peace to you in all the corners of the earth, North, South, East, West: Bangkok, Singapore, London or in the air!
The 2nd Psalm is most enjoyed in the amplified version where we see how clearly the coming Messiah is prophesied:
Let us close in prayer
- Why do the nations assemble with commotion [uproar and confusion of voices], and why do the people imagine (meditate upon and devise an empty scheme?
- The kings of the earth take their places; the rulers take council together against the Lord and His Anointed One (the Messiah, the Christ). They say
- Let us break Their bands [of restraint] asunder and cast Their cords [of control] from us.
- He Who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord has them in derision [and in supreme contempt He mocks them].
- He speaks to them in His deep anger and troubles (terrifies and confounds) them in His displeasure and fury saying
- Yet have I anointed (installed and placed) My King (firmly) on My holy hill of Zion.
- I will declare the decree of the Lord: He said to Me, You are My Son; this day [I declare] I have begotten You.
- Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations as Your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth as Your possession.
- You shall break them with a rod of iron; you shall dash them into pieces like potters ware.
- Now therefore, O you kings, act wisely; be instructed and warned, O you rulers of the earth.
- Serve the Lord with reverent awe and wonder and worshipful fear; rejoice and be in high spirits with trembling [lest you displease Him].
- Kiss the Son [pay homage to Him in purity] lest He be angry and you perish in the way, for soon shall His wrath be kindled. O blessed (happy fortunate and to be envied) are all those who seek refuge and put their trust in Him!
Heavenly Father, thank you for letting us call you Abba!(love, Su Min)
Dear Abba, thank you for this vision of Jesus as declared in Psalm 2.
As Christmas approaches, as we prepare to celebrate the coming of the Christ Child, teach us to Kiss the Son, pay homage to Him in purity, as He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords
In the lovely name of Jesus
For any comments or enquiries please write to Dr. Lim Su Min
Back to Antioch's Well
Back to Antioch's Home Page