out the latest updates / news / bulletins
/ notices / prayer focus / events
of the Saints' " Forum.
10:30AM English Outreach Service
There are some great songs, great people in various
cell groups and great things happening in the English Outreach Service.
to find out more about what is happening there in one of their latest bulletins.
YONG'S CALL TO PRAYER
FOR THE PRIMATES' MEETING IN KANUGA, NORTH CAROLINA
This is an urgent call for all our people in the Province to join faithful Anglicans all over the world to pray for the yearly meeting of our Primates to be held in Kanuga Conference Centre, North Carolina, U.S.A. from 3 Ė 8 March 2001.
Since Lambeth 1998, the Primates of the Anglican
Communion have been meeting once a year. The last meeting was held
in Oporto, Portugal, 22 - 29 March 2000. The yearly meeting was considered
necessary because we are set in a fast moving world and there are issues
that the Primates need to deal with quickly and decisively.
After sending a fax to ACC office, I have just received the rough program of the Primatesí Meeting today (22 February 2001). Because of my responsibilities in CCM (Council of Churches of Malaysia) and CFM (Christian Federation of Malaysia) I have just got back in Kota Kinabalu on the night of Saturday, 24 February 2001. I am due to leave Kota Kinabalu for U.S.A. on Tuesday, 27 February. Hence this rather rough note to all of you. Please remember this Primatesí Meeting in all your prayer meetings. May I also call all Intercessors and those who so desired to fast and pray for this Primatesí Meeting. I will either e-mail or call back to the Provincial Office whenever urgent items are emerging at the meeting itself. This will be posted at All Saintsí Cathedral web site ie allsaintscathkk.cjb.net and sent to our Bishops for quick distribution to our Churches.
Please begin with the following items :-
1. The safe travel of Mrs. Yong and myself and all the Primates and others who are due to be at Kanuga, North Carolina, U.S.A.
2. My meetings with various groups before and after the Primates' Meeting. Some important strategies and decisions need to be made. Pray for clear understanding of the situation that will lead to correct strategies and decisions for the victory of God's purpose for our Communion.
3. For Archbishop George Carey who will be the overall Chairman of the Primatesí Meeting. May the Holy Spirit guide, lead and strengthen him and give him wisdom, courage and strength to lead the Primates to make Godly decisions for the Glory of His name.
4. For all the Primates of the Anglican Communion that God will speak to all of them at Kanuga and give them a clear vision of the Anglican Communion of the future - a Communion that will take the Bible as its Supreme Authority, fervent in mission and evangelism, expansion in good work in our contemporary world and brave enough to call sinners to repentance.
5. Bible Study - Discipleship and Forgiveness.
Each morning, 1½ hours will be devoted to Bible Study. Please pray that Godís word will come alive in every session and it will breathe life into the hearts and souls of all our Primates. That all Primates will submit to the full authority of the Bible.
6. Appointment of Drafting Group will be done early in the Meeting. Please pray that only the right persons will be appointed to do this important task.
7. Major topics coming to the floor of the
Primatesí Meeting :-
March 5 (Monday)
? Theological Education - equipping the Church for Mission & Evangelism
? Consultation Paper on the Committee for the Review of the See of Canterbury
March 6 (Tuesday)
? Canon Law and Communion
? The Role & Purpose of the Office of Primate & the Meeting of Primates
? Asia & Pacific Region meet with Lord Hurd (Chairman of Review of the See of Canterbury)
March 7 (Wednesday)
? Europe, North, Central and South America and the West Indies meet with Lord Hurd. I have been designated to chair this meeting
? Poverty and Debt
? HIV/AIDS :Focus on response to the pandemic
March 8 (Thursday)
Receiving Report -
? Inter Anglican Standing Commission on Ecumenical Affairs
? Inter Anglican Theological & Doctrinal Commission Papers to be received
Pastoral Letter -
? Work Plan
? Consideration of next Meeting
9. For the breaking of the Spirit of Control, untruth, in the Primatesí Meeting through finance, philo-sopher, clever arguments and other worldly power.
10. For myself and Archbishop Kolini (Archbishop of Rwanda) as we continue to seek Godís favour and guidance to exercise our duties as Primates of AMIA (Anglican Mission in America) faithfully. Pray that the Holy Spirit will equip us to clearly discern the true situation; give us the humility to learn from everyone concerned; and the wisdom and courage to please Him and fulfill His will.
11. Pray that I will be able to carry out the mandate of the Resolution of the Provincial Standing Committee in the midst of so much competing Agendas.
* * * * * * *
RESOLUTION passed unanimously at the 2nd Standing Committee Meeting of the 2nd Session of Synod of the Province of South East Asia on 15-17 February 2001 at Kuching, Sarawak, MALAYSIA
WHEREAS ECUSA has consistently and repeatedly
refused to submit to the Authority of the Holy Scriptures and to uphold
the 1998 Lambeth Resolutions [No. III.1; III.5 and I.10] on Biblical Authority
and Morality and the Oporto Communiqué -
THIS STANDING COMMITTEE of the Province of the Anglican Church in South east Asia RESOLVED that -
1. We unanimously support the NASSAU Proposal and request our Primate to convey it to the Primates Meeting in Kanuga, (3 - 7 March 2001) and to actively work for its adoption by the Meeting.
2. We mandate our Primate to urgently initiate prior consultation and meeting with concerned Primates of the Anglican Communion, in particular those represented at the Kampala '99 Meeting :-
(i) for concerted and effective efforts at Kanuga to enhance the responsibility of the Primates Meeting for the exercise and discipline of real fellowship within the Communion based on the Anglican formularies of faith, namely the Scriptures, the Creeds, the Articles of Religion and the Ordinal, and the graded measures expounded in the NASSAU Proposal ;
(ii) and if necessary and required, to
take appropriate and effective measures together, and with other concerned
Bishops in the ECUSA, to provide and ensure free and unhindered exercise
of apostolic ministry by the constituents in ECUSA and in particular, to
help, protect, nurture the mission and growth of Anglican Mission in America
(AMIA), which are under undue pressures and demands of the present governing
authorities in ECUSA in contradiction to the spirit of the Lambeth Fathers
and the relevant Lambeth Resolutions.
|Home||More About Us||Help Wanted||Sharing & Testimonies|
|Intercession||Visions & Prophecies||Weekly Sermons||Send Messages|
|Youth Page||Coming Events||Sign Guest Book||BACK TO TOP|